Baseball loses doubleheader to Dickinson

The Dickinson Red Devils swept Sunday afternoon’s Senior Day doubleheader at Clothier Field. Seniors Sammy Faeder and Noah Cooper-Harris were recognized in their final collegiate game and batted well with two RBIs apiece. Game one saw the Garnet down 0-3 in the 3rd when Scott Dalane, reaching base on a hit-by-pitch and going on to steal second, scored Swarthmore’s first run on a double from Cooper-Harris. Dickinson scored one in the 4th but were quickly answered with Faeder’s first RBI of the day. After the Red Devils scored two more in the 5th, Jimmy Gill ’10 came back with the final run of the game on a passed ball. Gill recorded the 6-3 loss.

The Garnet fell behind 0-6 by the 3rd of game two when Cooper-Harris and Faeder
contributed their second pair of RBIs for the day. Andy Bender ’08 added an RBI in the 7th, but the Red Devil’s had 11 runs of their own by then. Two more Dickinson runs in the 9th brought the score to it’s final 3-13, with Justin Chen ’08 taking the loss. The Garnet finished the season 4-25 overall, 2-16 in the CC.