Announcing a Poetry Contest!

in Arts by

By the Arts Section

To all those able to publicly bare their souls to the oldest student run paper on campus: the Phoenix Arts Section, in pursuit of the above stated principles of renewal, is trying out a series of weekly campus-wide arts contests. In addition to publishing the winner in our paper copies, we have plans to post all the submissions online and possibly on an Instagram account in an attempt create or help facilitate a new campus-wide arts platform for student artists. At this moment we are doing a series on poetry. The stipulations for the poem entries this week are as follows:

1. The poem must allude to at least three colors;
  2. It must not be longer than 1440 characters ;
  3. It must aim to make us laugh or make us cry, or even both.

Please submit entries to editor@swarthmorephoniex.com or slide a paper copy under the door of the Phoniex office. The winning poem will be printed in the next issue in the newspaper and on the website. All students and staff are invited to submit entries.  Submissions from professors will possibly be considered, but our secret panel of judges are known to be hostile to the teaching faculty. Submissions will be accepted until 12:01 p.m. on wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017. Questions and concerns can be directed to Joe Mariani, one of this year’s arts editors. We especially encourage the submissions from your friends who should publish their poetry but have not yet done so. We thank you for your submissions.

Mavs Bench Brigade Happens Short In Game 1

The Houston Astros and brand new York Mets instituting play in 1962. But as video game ...

Learn more